Falls of Halladale
A full-rigged four-masted iron ship built in 1886 by Russel & Co., Port Glasgow.
Her dimensions are:
83,87×12,64×7,23 meters [275'2×41'6×23'9] and tonnage: 2085 GRT and 2026 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1886 July
- Launched at the shipyard of Russel & Co., Port
Glasgow, for the Falls Line (Wright, Beakenridge & Co), Glasgow. Captain G. Bardo.
- Re-rigged as a fourmasted barque.
- Sold to Wright, Graham & Co., Glasgow.
- Sold to Law, Thomas & Co., Glasgow.
- Sailed from Liverpool to San Francisco in 237 days.
- 1908 November 14
- Wrecked on voyage from New York to Melbourne at Warrnambool, Victoria, due to a navigational error.
Updated 1996-11-06 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.