A four-masted steel barque built in 1883 by Harland & Wolff, Belfast, as hull
Her dimensions were 92,02×13,07×7,65 meters and tonnage 2570 GRT, 2233
NRT, and 4000 DWT.
- 1883 April 11
- Launched at the shipyard of Harland & Wolff, Belfast, for
Richard Martin & Co., Dublin.
- In command of Captain John O'Neill late of the same owner's ship Dunboyne.
- 1910 December
- Sold to A/S Fingal (Chr. Hannevig), Horten, Norway. Assigned the Norwegian signal WJFQ.
- 1915 April
- Sold to Transatlantic Motorship Co. (Chr. Hannevig), Kristiania, Norway, and was equipped with two engines of 160 ihp together.
- 1916 April 14
- Bought by August Leffler & Sons Nya AB, Gothenburg, for
SEK 800.000 and renamed Hugo Hamilton. Captain Henric Henricsson, Kivik,
became her first Swedish master.
- 1916 December 9
- Left Caleta Bueno for Gothenburg via the Panama Canal with 3800 tons of saltpeter.
- 1917 February 12
- Sunk by the German submarine U 81 at 55°45'N and 12°10'W.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 30 (1992).
Updated 1997-12-30 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.