A four-masted steel barque built in 1904 by J. & K. Smit, Krimpen aan de Lek.
Dimensions: 91,96×13,61×7,48 meters [301'9"×44'8"×24'7"] and tonnage: 2505 GRT and 2404 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1904 November 19
- Launched at the shipyard of J. & K. Smit, Krimpen aan de Lek, for P. van der Hoog, Krimpen aan de Lek. Captain J. van der Laag was given command of the ship.
- C.J. Lels became the managing owner.
- 1910 July 30
- Sold to
Rhederei Akt. Gesellschaft von 1896, Hamburg, for DEM 157.000 and was renamed Olympia.
Assigned the German signal RQLW. The new measurements were 88,72×13,64×7,58 meters and 2507 GRT.
- In command of Captain H. Schipman.
- In command of Captain W. Peters.
- Interned at Iquique for the duration of the war.
- Handed over to the Italian Government as war damage compensation. Captain Cacace.
- Broken up in Genoa.
Updated 1997-05-10 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.