A four-masted steel barque built in 1893 by C. Connell & Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions: 86,25×13,10×7,43 meters [283'0"×43'0"×24'5"] and tonnage: 2369 GRT and 2246 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and single topgallant sails.
Holds the record for the passage from Table Bay to Pudget Sound with 81 days according to Lubbock.
- 1893 September
- Launched at the shipyard of C. Connell & Co., Glasgow, for W.O. Taylor & Co., Dundee. Captain W. Watt.
- 1909 April 4
- Sold to
Hans Hinrich Schmidt, Hamburg, and was renamed Mimi. Assigned the official German signal RQDT. Captain Ludwig Westphal.
- Sailed from Lundy to Antofagasta in 95 days.
- Sailed from Antofagasta to Lizard in 111 days.
- 1913 February 14
- Grounded in thick fog at the entrance to the Nehalem River, Astoria, OR, on voyage from Valparaiso to Astoria.
- 1913 April 6
- Capsized after having been taken off the ground and sank. Ten members of the crew were drowned at the capsizing of the ship.
Updated 1997-02-22 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.