A four-masted iron ship built in 1885 by T. Royden & Sons, Liverpool.
Dimensions 88,23×13,48×7,67 meters
[289'6"×44'3"×25'2"] and tonnage 2434 GRT and 2341 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1885 November
- Launched at the shipyard of T. Royden & Sons,
Liverpool, for L.H. McIntyre & Co., Liverpool. Captain J. Flynn.
- Sold to L.J. Ferguson, Liverpool.
- Sold to E.H. Davies, Liverpool. Captain E.H. Davies.
- Was in a collision with the fourmasted barque Balmoral off Cap Horn and hand to put
into Motevideo for repairs.
- Sold to W. Just & Co., Liverpool.
- 1907 July 30
- Sold to Hubert Bode, Hamburg, and was renamed
Mariechen. Captain J. Reiners. Assigned the German signal RPNG.
- Sold to Reederei Gesellschaft Nord mbH, Hamburg.
- Sold to R. Mattson, Mariehamn, for DEM 77.335. Captain
- 1916 October 15
- Arrived at Glasgow from Pensacola.
- Interned in Chile.
- Sold to The Netherlands for breaking up.
Updated 1996-12-08 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.