A four-masted steel ship built in 1888 by Harland & Wolff, Belfast, as hull no.
Her dimensions were 100,34×13,76×8,09 meters
[329'3"×45'2"×26'7"] and tonnage 3072 GRT and 2960NRT.
Rigged with double top- and topgallant sails and royal sails.
- 1888 February 11
- Launched at the shipyard of Harland & Wolff,
- 1888 April 30
- Delivered to T.J. Brocklebank, London.
- Reduced to a barque.
- Sold to D. & H. Wätjen, Bremen, and was renamed
- 1913 August 14
- Sold to
Rhederei Akt. Gesellschaft von 1896, Hamburg, and was renamed Odessa.
- 1914 August 20
- Taken by the British auxilliary cruiser HMS Caronia in the North Atlantic and was put under the British flag under the name Adelaide.
- 1915 April
- Sold to A/S Souverain (A. Melling Jr.), Stavanger, Norway, and was renamed Souverain.
- 1916 September
- Sold to Tvedestrands Rederi A/S (Jos. A. Henschen), Tvedestrand.
- Sold to Tvedestrands Rederi A/S (Christiansands Shipping Co. Ltd.), Kristiansand.
- 1920 September
- Sold to Skibs A/S Otra (Lars Jørgensen), Kristiansand.
- Sold to Emil & Hjalmar Knudsen, Lillesand and was renamed
- Broken up in The Netherlands.
Updated 1997-09-06 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.