A four-masted steel ship built in 1889 by T. Royden & Sons, Liverpool.
Dimensions: 93,74×13,73×7,36 meters [307'7"×45'1"×24'2"] and tonnage: 2673 GRT and 2606 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails. Later re-rigged as a fourmasted barque.
- 1889 August
- Launched at the shipyard of T. Royden & Sons, Liverpool, for MacVicar, Marshall & Co., Liverpool. Captain S.P.H. Atkinson.
- Had to put into Lyttleton with the coal cargo on fire and it had to be discharged and re-stowed before she could continue her voyage.
- 1898 August
- Caught fire in the neighbourhood of the Azores on voyage from Sydney to London with a cargo of 2306 bales of wool and had to be abandoned at 35°38'N, 46°W.
Updated 1996-11-10 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.