A four-masted steel barque built in 18942 by R. Duncan & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 86,17×13,00×7,48 meters [282'9"×42'8"×24'7"] and tonnage: 2307 GRT and 2147 NRT.
Jubilee-rigged, i.e. rigged with nothing above double top and topgallant sails.
- 1894 May
- Launched at the shipyard of R. Duncan & Co., Port Glasgow, for T. Law & Co., Glasgow. Captain J-P- Peattie.
- 1915 June 21
- Was towed into Hobart, Tasmania, after having been totally dis-masted in the Australia bay.
- Sold to A/S Bark Inverness-Shire (H. Jeremiassen), Porsgrund.
- 1916 August
- Sold to A/S Christiansand (Sven O. Stray), Kristiansand, and was renamed Svartskog. Captain A. Nielsen.
- 1920 October
- Disappeared at sea on voyage from Newport, VA, to Buenos Ayres with a cargo of coal. Posted missing my Lloyd's on July 15, 1921.
Updated 1997-09-06 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.