A four-masted steel barque built in 1891 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 92,96×13,15×7,69 meters [305'0"×43'2"×25'3"] and tonnage: 2710 GRT and 2577 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1891 November
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, for D. Bruce & Co., Dundee. Captain W.H. Taylor.
- 1892 February 28
- Lost at 38°N, 70°W during the maiden voyage from Philadelphia, PA, to Calcutta. Captain Taylor and eight men of the crew tried to reach land in one of the boats and was never seen again. The remaing 26 men of the crew were rescued by the steamer Mendelssohn.
Updated 1996-11-12 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.