A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by J. & K. Smit, Krimpen aan de Lek.
Dimensions: 80,16×13,41×8,22 meters [263'0"×44'0"×27'0"] and tonnage: 2292 GRT and 2231 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and single topgallant sails.
- 1892 November 30
- Launched at the shipyard of J. & K. Smit, Krimpen aan de Lek, for P. van de Hoog, Krimpen aan de Lek. Captain R. Bleeker was given command of the ship.
- Sold to C.J. Lels, Rotterdam.
- Sold to J.A. Vroege, Rotterdam. Captain Gool Visser was appointed master of the ship.
- 1912 November 25
- Sold to C. Krabbenhöft & Bock, Hamburg, and was renamed Carl.
Assigned the German signal RPNJ. The new German measurements were: 83,66×13,46×7,56 meters which gave 2266 GRT.
Captain August Schröer (1868-1916) was given command of the ship.
- Interned at Antofagasta.
- Assigned to France as war damage compensation.
- Sailed from Antofagasta to Cette in 196 days with a cargo of nitrate under command of Capt. Kähler..
- Sold to A/S Souvenir (O. Kverndal & Co. mgrs), Tvedestrand, Norway, for £ 950 and was renamed Souvenir. Captain Berntsen, late of the same owner's ship ???, replaced Captain Schröer who had drowned in 1916.
- Sold to ship breakers at Terneutzen for £ 3150.
- Broken up.
Updated 1997-05-10 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.