A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 84,83×12,80×7,36 meters [278'4"×42'0"×24'2"] and tonnage: 2291 GRT and 2176 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and single topgallant sails.
- 1892 March
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, for J.R. Dickson & Co., Glasgow. Captain D. Marshall.
- Sold to Th. Law & Co., Glasgow. [Furrer has 1900]
- Under the management of the Shipping Controller of the British Government.
- Sold to Soc. Italiana di Navigazione "Stella d'Italia", Genoa, and renamed Augustella.
- Sold to Spanish Navy, Cartagena, Spain, and was renamed
Minerva. Intended to be used as a training ship and was equipped with an aux. engine.
- Converted into a hulk at Cadiz. [Hughes has 1925]
- Used for target practice.
- Borken up during the Spanish civil war.
Updated 1997-04-13 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.