A four-masted steel ship built in 1892 by Workman, Clark & Co., Belfast.
Dimensions: 86,71×12,80×7,41 meters [284'6"×42'0"×24'4"] and tonnage: 2301 GRT and 2133 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails. There was no royal sail on the jigger mast.
- 1892 December
- Launched at the shipyard of Workman, Clark & Co., Belfast, for Galbraith & Moorhead, London. Captain W. Latta.
- Sold to Galbraight, Hill & Co., London.
- Sold to G. Duncan & Co., London.
Reduced to barque-rig.
- Sold to Cook & Dundas, London, for £ 4000.
- Sold to Taltal Shipping Co. (Cherey, Eggar & Forrester), London.
- Sold to Hudson Bay Co., London.
- Sold to Government Baltic Shipping Co., Leningrad, and was renamed Tovaritsch. Used as a sail-training ship under command of Captain E. Freimann.
- Sold to Sovtorgflot, Archangelsk.
- Collided with the Italian steamer Alcantara in the English Channel.
- 1943 August
- Sunk by German airplanes to blockade the entrance to the harbour of Mariupol.
Updated 1997-03-07 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.