A four-masted iron ship built in 1889 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow. Dimensions: 101,54×14,54×8,04 meters [33'2"×47'9"×26'5"] and tonnage 3400 GRT and 3330 NRT. Rigged with double topsails and single topgallant sails.

1889 January
Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, for R.W. Leyland & Co., Liverpool.
1902 February 25
Stranded on Alderney on voyage from Antwerpen to San Francisco.
Oil painting by Lai Fong dated 1898. From the FineArtEmporium.

Updated 1999-02-26 by Lars Bruzelius.

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives | Ships | Four-masted ships & barques | Search.

Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.