A four-masted iron ship built in 1885 by Barclay, Curle & Co., Glasgow, as Yard No. 333.
Her dimensions were 87,64×12,92×7,33 meters [287'7×42'5×24'1] and with a tonnage of 2128 GRT and 2075 NRT.
- Launched at the shipyard of Barclay, Curle & Co., Glasgow,
for Aitken, Lilburn & Co., Glasgow, to be used in the Indian jute trade.
- 1912 August
- Sold to Skibs A/S Songdal (Sven O. Stray & Co.), Kristiansand, and was renamed Songdal. Assigned the Norwegian signal KFGH. Re-rigged as a barque.
- Sold to A/S Christianssand (Sven O. Stray & Co.), Kristiansand,
- 1917 February 2
- Sunk by the German submarine U 81 South-West of Ireland en route Buenos Aires to Queenstown for orders with a cargo of corn.
- In harbour [49 kB].
- Port side, at quay.[NMM P.401]
- Starboard side, at anchor. [NMM P.4414]
Updated 1998-01-02 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.