A four-masted iron ship built in 1885 by Barclay, Curle & Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions: 87,64×12,92×7,33 meters
[287'7"×42'5"×24'1"] and tonnage 2128 GRT and 2075 NRT.
Rigged with double top and topgallant sails and royal sails.
- 1885 September
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co.,
Port Glasgow, for J. Hardie & Co., Glasgow. Captain L. Clarke was given command of the vessel.
- 1904 August 13
- Collided with and sank the barque
Inverkip 60 miles from the Fastnet Light. Captain Stanton Clarke of the
Loch Carron was declared guilty of the accident.
- Reduced to barque rig.
- Captain Henderson, once master of the clipper ship Thermopylae, was given command of the ship.
- 1912 June
- Sold to A/S Christianssand (Sven Stray & Co.), Kristiansand, Norway, and was renamed Seileren.
- 1915 October 11
- Collided and was sunk by the steamer
Vittoria at Torr Head, Scotland, on voyage from the Clyde to Savannah.
- Starboard bow. Under tow. [NMM P.400]
- Starboard bow. At quay in Littleton. [NMM P.402]
Updated 1998-01-02 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.