A four-masted steel barque built in 1894 by J. Reid & Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions: 91,91×13,15×7,46 meters
[301'7"×43'2"×24'6"] and tonnage GRT and NRT.
Rigged in jubilee fashion i.e. nothing over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1894 June
- Launched at the shipyard of J. Reid & Co., Glasgow,
for Aitken, Lilburn & Co., Glasgow. Captain Colin McLeod.
- Sold to Rhederei Akt. Gesellschaft von 1896, Hamburg, and renamed Octavia. Captain E. Butz.
- Destroyed by fire when the cargo coal ignited off the
Patagonian coast. The burnt out hull lay in Bahia Blanca
- The hull was used in building of the steamer
- Once more destroyed by fire, this time at Puerto Deseado.
- Port quarter. Under tow. [NMM P.408]
Updated 1998-01-02 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.