A four-masted iron ship built in 1883 by Harland & Wolff, Belfast, as hull no.
Her dimensions were 93,92×13,00×7,64 meters
[308'2"×42'8"×25'1"] and tonnage 2576 GRT and 2518NRT.
Rigged with double top- and topgallant sails, royals and a main skysail.
- 1883 July 21
- Launched at the shipyard of Harland & Wolff,
- 1883 September 6
- Delivered to Irish Shipowners Co. (T. Dixon &
- Sold to J.C. Tidemann & Co., Bremen, and was renamed
Columbia. Reduced to barque rig.
- Dis-masted off Cape Flattery at the entrance to the Juan
de Fuca straits and towed to Esquimault. The hull was used a storage depot.
- Sold to C.E. Peabody, Vancouver, and was remasted and
rerigged to a six-masted barkentine and was renamed Everett G. Griggs.
- Sold to E.R. Stirling, Blaine, WA, and was renamed E.R.
- 1928 April
- Broken up at Sunderland.
Updated 1996-04-08 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.