A four-masted fullrigged iron ship built in 1885 by Russell & Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions: 81,40×12,24×7,21 meters [267'1×40'2×23'8] and tonnage: 1943 GRT and 1863 NRT.
- 1885 January
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Glasgow, for
P. Denniston & Co., Glasgow.
- Converted to barque rig.
- Made the passage San Fransisco to Newcastle, N.S.W. in 38 days.
- Sailed from Drammen to Melbourne in 82 days.
- Sold to J.E. Gustafsson, Mariehamn, Åland. Master of the ship was Captain M.A. Gustafsson.
- Sold to M. Lundquist, Mariehamn, Åland.
- Sold to M.A. Gustafsson, Vårdö, Åland.
- 1917 May 26
- Sunk by a German submarine. The entire crew was rescued.
Updated 1996-12-28 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.