A four-masted steel ship built in 1886 by A. McMillan & Son, Dumbarton.
Dimensions: 89,91×12,82×7,33 meters [295'0"×42'1"×24'1"] and tonnage: 2311 GRT and 2249 NRT.
- 1886 September
- Launched at the shipyard of A. McMillan & Son, Dumbarton, for W.R. Price & Co., London. Mainly used in the Indian jute trade. Captain Martin.
- Sold to
Anglo-American Oil Co., London, and reduced to barque rig. Captain R. Beatty.
- 1911 August 24
- Caught fire near Port Elisabeth and was abandoned.
The floating wreck was sunk by HMS Pandora 67 miles south of Mossel Bay.
Updated 1997-01-02 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.