A four-masted steel barque built in 1894 by R.&J. Evans & Co., Liverpool.
Dimensions: 91,33×13,27×7,43 meters [299'8"×43'7"×24'5"] and tonnage: 2531 GRT and 2324 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
Lubbock says that she was rigged with double top, single topgallant sails, royal and skysails.
- 1894 April
- Launched at the shipyard of R.&J. Evans & Co., Liverpool, for Johnston, Sproule & Co., Liverpool.
- 1894 December 21 - March 15
- Sailed from Calcutta to Philadelphia, PA, in 94 days with a cargo of jute.
- Captain T.G. Fraser.
- Sailed from Liverpool to Calcutta in 93 days.
- Sailed from Calcutta to New York in 97 days with a cargo of jute.
- Sold to W. Montgomery & Co., London.
- Captain E.G. James.
- Sold to Th. A. Shute, Liverpool, for 11.000.
- Captain W. Jones.
- 1908 January 26 -
- Sailed from Caleta Buena to Falmouth in 150 days with a cargo of nitrate.
- 1908 July 4 -
- Sailed from Port Talbot to Mollendo in 119 days. Captain Jones died off Cape Horn.
- Captain Morrell.
- Sailed from Mollendo to Sydney in 61 days.
- Sailed from Necastle, NSW, to Talcahuano in 50 days.
- 1909 September 17 -
- Sailed from Iquique to Elbe in 95 days.
- Sold to Robert Mattson, Mariehamn. Captain Karl August Ekblom.
- 1917 May 21
- Sunk by a German submarine off the south of Ireland.
Updated 1997-01-03 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.