A four-masted steel barque built in 1895 by Ateliers et chantiers de la Loire, Nantes.
Dimensions: 97,86×13,71×7,74 meters [321'1"×45'0"×25'5"] and tonnage: 3011 GRT and 2376 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1895 July 23
- Launched at the shipyard of Ateliers et chantiers de la Loire, Nantes, for
Ant. Dom. Bordes et fils, Dunkerque.
- 1896 January
- Delivered to the owners. Captain F. Martin was given command of the vessel.
- Sailed from Iquique to Lizard in 69 days.
- Sailed from Shields to Valparaiso in 66 days (probably land to land).
- 1911 June 23
- Dragged her anchors in the harbour of Iquique during one of the severe norterly storms. Collided with the fourmasted ship Union and stranded on Serano Island and capsized
[Picard has January 24].
Updated 1997-01-23 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.