A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by C. Connell & Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions: 89,91×13,10×7,33 meters [295'0"×43'0"×24'1"] and tonnage: 2394 GRT and 2257 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1892 July
- Launched at the shipyard of C. Connell & Co., Glasgow, for Rogers & Co., Glasgow. Captain J. Watson.
- Sold to
Ant. Dom. Bordes et fils, Dunkerque, and was renamed Tijuca. Used in the South American nitrate trade. Captain A. Levaillant.
- 1917 November 22
- Sunk by the German submarine U 151 on voyage from La Pallice to Taltal some 220 miles NNW of Madeira. Captain J.M. Ollivier and the crew returned the submarine's gunfire but had to surrender and leave the ship.
Updated 1997-01-04 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.