A four-masted steel ship built in 1888 by D.W. Henderson & Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions: 87,98×12,97×7,33 meters [288'8"×42'7"×24'1"] and tonnage: 2176 GRT, 2127 NRT and 3310 DWT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1888 December
- Launched at the shipyard of D.W. Henderson & Co., Glasgow, for Rogers & Co., Glasgow.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 95058 and signal KRSV.
Captain W. Cordiner was given command of the vessel.
- Sold to Trinder, Anderson & Co., Glasgow, for £ 4300. The new master of the ship was Captain C.E. Dagwell.
- Sold to J. Tengström, Åbo, Finland, for £7600.
- 1913 February 12
- Delivered to the new owners. Reduced to barque rig. Captain R.W. Grunér was given command of the ship.
- 1915 July 8
- Sunk by a German submarine at Fastnet Rock on voyage from Valparaiso to Queenstown f.o. The crew was rescued by the a British steamer. [Furrer has July 10].
- At quay. Port broadside. [Low quality] NMM, Neg. P.4721.
- Under sail. Port broadside. NMM, Neg. P.4722.
Updated 1998-05-29 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.