A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 86,47×13,10×7,36 meters [283'9"×43'0"×24'2"], tonnage: 2429 GRT and 2283 NRT.
- 1892 September
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port
Glasgow, for Sailing Ship Moreton Ltd. (managers J.H. Welsford & Co.),
- 1898 October 17
- Sold to
Knöhr & Burchard, Hamburg, and was renamed Eilbek.
- Sold to Captain G. Ipland, Hamburg.
- Re-registered at Aabenraa (Apenrade), Denmark, to avoid
flying the German flag.
- 1920 July 29
- Sold to Overretssagfører Chr. Tiemroth,
- 1920 August 31
- A sale to Rederi "Transocean" (manager Sven
Salén), Gothenburg, was never completed. Chr. Tiemroth reported that he
had another buyer it is unclear what happend to ship during the next two years.
- Sold to Nordische Handelsgesellschaft Hackfeld, Fischer
GmbH, and renamed Tamara XV.
- Sold to Adler Gesellschaft, Lübeck, Germany.
- Broken up.
Updated 1997-02-21 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.