A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by W. Pickersgill & Sons, Sunderland.
Dimensions: 96,77×13,46×7,46 meters [317'6"×44'2"×24'6"] and tonnage: 2873 GRT and 2747 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1892 May
- Launched at the shipyard of W. Pickersgill & Sons, Sunderland, for P. Iredale & Porter, Liverpool. Captain F.R. Patey was given command of the new vessel.
- 1900 March 21
- Sold to
Rhederei Akt. Gesellschaft von 1896, Hamburg, and was renamed Oceana. Assigned the official German signal RLND. The new German measurements were 94,85×13,48×7,60 meters and 2817 GRT.
- Captain H.P. Breckwoldt.
- Captain H. Krause.
- Captain P. Petersen.
- Captain G. Oellrich.
- Delivered to Italy as war damage compensation.
- Broken up at Alicante.
Updated 1997-01-26 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.