A steel four-masted barque built in 1891 by Richardson, Duck & Co., Stockton.
Dimensions: 94,18×12,80×7,46 meters [309'0"×43'0"×24'6"],
tonnage: 2432 GRT and 2334 NRT.
Is said to have sailed from Prawle Point to Port Pirie in 66 days.
- Launched at the shipyard of Richardson, Duck & Co.,
Stockton, for F.C. Mahon, Windsor, NS.
- Captain Burchell Sydney, Cape Breton, who also was a part owner. He was joined by his wife during the entire time.
- 1903 fall
- Sailed from Liverpool to Sydney in about 102 days.
- Sold to Lewis, ?, for £ 24.000.
- Sold to Roberts, Owen & Co. Ltd., ?, for £ 9.500.
- 1917 March 29
- Sold to Hudson Bay Co., London, for £
30.500 and renamed Ortina Shell.
- Sold to Anglo-Saxon Petroleum Co. and converted into a
twin-screw motor tanker.
Updated 1997-03-14 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.