Pass of Brander

A four-masted steel barque built in 1890 by R. Duncan & Co., Port Glasgow. Dimensions: 85,46×12,82×7,41 meters [280'5"×42'1"×24'4"] and tonnage 2127 GRT and 1993 NRT. Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.

1890 September
Launched at the shipyard of R. Duncan & Co., Port Glasgow, for Gibson & Clark, Glasgow. Captain J. McDowall.
Sold to J.J. Rae, &Co., Liverpool and was renamed Bengarin. Captain J.S. Learmont.
1916 April 1
Sunk by a German submarine 165 miles WSW Fastnet Rock.
Sailed from Cardiff to Callao in 58 days under Captain Learmont.

Updated 1997-01-27 by Lars Bruzelius.

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives | Ships | Four-masted ships & barques | Search.

Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.