A four-masted steel barque built in 1903 by Blohm & Voss, Hamburg.
Dimensions 98,01×14,32×7,97 meters [321'7"×47'0"×26'2"] and
tonnage 3087 GRT and 2855 NRT.
Rigged with royals over double top-gallant sails.
- 1903 March 3
- Launched at the shipyard of Blohm & Voss, Hamburg.
Assigned the identification signal RMVJ.
- 1903 June 15
- Delivered to
F. Laeisz, Hamburg. The first master
was Captain C.M.E. Prützmann. Used in the nitrate trade from Chile to
- Sailed from the English Channel to Talcuhuano in 59 days.
- Captain A. Teschner.
- Interned in Valparaiso at the outbreak of the First
- 1919 July 12
- Stranded at Valparaiso during a northerly storm.
Updated 1997-02-15 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.