A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by Russell & Co., Greenock.
Dimensions: 86,37×13,10×7,36 meters [283'3×43'0×46'2] and
tonnage: 2426 GRT & 2320 NRT.
Built with a flush deck and baldhead rigged.
- 1892 June
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Greenock,
for Crawford & Rowat, Glasgow.
- Sold to E. Öhlander, Stockholm. [Questionable. Source:
- 1914 January
- Sold to J. Zachariassen, Nystad, Finland,
for £ 7000. Captain K. Carlsson became her first Finnish master.
- Sold to Svenska Handels- och Sjöfartskompaniet,
Stockholm. [Questionable. Source:
- Sold to J. Zachariassen, Nystad, Finland. [Questionable. Source:
- 1924 November 2
- Stranded on the rocks of Antioche at La
Rochelle, on the French coast en route Mejillones - La Pallice. The enitre
crew of 26 men was lost.
Updated 1996-03-17 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.