A four-masted iron ship built in 1885 by W. Doxford & Sons, Sunderland.
Dimensions: 78,75×12,03×7,03 meters
[258'5"×39'6"×23'1"], and tonnage: 1758 GRT, 1699 NRT and 1646 tons under deck.
The forecastle was 33 ft long and the poop 36 ft.
Rigged with double top-sails, single top-gallant sails, and royal sails.
- 1885 September
- Launched at the shipyard of W. Doxford & Sons,
Sunderland, for the Principality Shipping Co. Ltd.
(William Thomas & Sons Co.), Liverpool. Assigned the British Official Reg. No. 91258.
- Re-rigged as a four-masted barque.
- Sailed from Astoria, OR, to Queenstown for orders in 96 days.
- Sailed from Cardiff to Valparaiso in 74 days.
- Captain John Parry, Williams Place, Llanbedrog, late of the same owner's barque County of Pembroke assumed command of the vessel.
- 1904 May
- Surveyed and classed 100 A1 at Lloyd's Register of Shipping.
- 1905 May 4
- Left Junin for Rotterdam with 2600 tons of nitrate.
- 1905 May 13
- Last spoken to at 23°30'S, 22°5'W. Probably
at Cape Horn where wreckage was later found.
Updated 2002-11-18 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.