A four-masted iron ship built in 1886 by W. Doxford & Sons, Sunderland, to the design of W.E. Jones.
Dimensions: 81,80×12,00×7,03 meters
[268'5×39'5"×23'1"] and tonnage 1842 GRT, 1784 NRT and 1725 tons under deck. The poop was 36 feet long and the fore-castle 32 feet.
On the 18th voyage London - Bueons Ayres - Portland, OR - Antwerp the ship made a profit of £ 625.19.17.
- 1886 October 27
- Launched at the shipyard of W. Doxford & Sons, Sunderland, for the Province Ship Co.
(William Thomas & Co.), Liverpool.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 93709.
Captain H.J. Jones, Criccieth, was given command of the ship.
- Re-rigged as a barque.
- Captain H.R. Jones died on board while homeward bound at 47&ddeg;N 15°W.
- 1907 May 1
- Valued by Kellocks to £ 5750 and by Moss to £ 6000.
- 1909 January
- Valued to £ 3700.
- Transferred to the County Shipping Company at the liquidation of the single ship company.
- 1910 March 2
- Wrecked on the Naze on voyage from Tyne to Kristiania (Oslo) in ballast.
Updated 1997-12-01 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.