A four-masted steel barque built in 1889 by J. Reid & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 91,89×12,13×7,36 meters [301'6"×43'1"×24'2"] and tonnage 2361 GRT and 2283 NRT.
Rigged with royals over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1889 December
- Launched at the shipyard of J. Reid & Co., Port Glasgow, for Sir R.W. Cameron, Glasgow. Captain F. MacNair.
- Sold to A.E.G. Oelricks, Glasgow.
- Sold to Baker, Carver & Morell, Glasgow.
- 1911 June 17
- Sprung a leak in storm and Captain F.W. Chapman
and the crew had to abandoned the ship at 24°S, 142°W, 800 miles from
Tahiti on voyage from Newcastle, NSW, to San Francisco. The captain's boat
reached Tahiti, another was saved by a passing steamer and the third was lost.
Updated 1997-01-29 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.