A four-masted steel barque built in 1903 by Società Esercizio
Dimensions: 293'4"×41'8"×23'7, tonnage: 2318 GRT and 2177 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
The figurehead is preserved at the Ålands
- 1903 July
- Launched at the shipyard of Società Esercizio
Baccini, Genoa, for Cav. Milesi, P., Genova.
- Sold to A. fu P. Milesi, Genova.
- 1911 February 24
- Sold to
F. Laeisz, Hamburg, and was renamed Ponape.
- 1914 September 20
- Arrested by the British battleship HMS Majestic and brought to Falmouth. Confiscated by the Admiralty and put under the management of James Bell, Hull.
- Was renamed Bellhouse.
- 1915 May
- Sold to A/S Bellhouse (Alf Monsen), Tønsberg, Norway.
- Sold to Hugo Lundquist, Mariehamn, Åland and was renamed
- Sold to
Gustav Erikson, Mariehamn.
- 1936 September
- Sold to Libau, Latvia, to be broken up.
Updated 1998-07-20 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.