A four-masted steel barque built in 1891 by R. Duncan & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 86,0×12,82×7,43 meters [282'2×42'1×24'5] and tonnage: 2143 GRT & 1997 NRT.
- 1891 June
- Launched at the shipyard of R. Duncan & Co., Port
Glasgow, for W. Thomson & Co., Liverpool.
- Sold to Macivar, Marshall & Co., Liverpool.
- 1910 October
- Sold to Skib-A/S Strømsbo (Grefstad & Herlofsen), Arendal, Norway.
- 1913 December
- Sold to Th. Brøvig and partners, Farsund, Norway, and renamed to Far.
- Sold to S. Marcussen, Lyngør.
- 1915 June 12
- Left Pernambuco for Glasgow.
- 1915 September
- Sold to Rederi AB Magda (Vidar R. Olburs & Co.),
Gothenburg, for SEK 250.000 and was renamed Dagmar. The master of the
ship was Captain Karl Nathanael Kihlberg, Vesterlanda.
- 1915 November 5
- Sailed from Glasgow in ballast for Gothenburg
with a crew of 24.
- 1915 November 11
- Spoke to the signal station at Tail-of-the-Bank
and has never been heard after this.
Updated 1996-04-26 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.