A four-masted steel barque built in 1890 by Russell & Co, Port Glasgow.
Dimensions 84,78×12,71×7,41 meters
[278'2"×41'9"×24'4"] and tonnage 2214 GRT and 2087 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails.
- 1890 March
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port
Glasgow, for G.M. Steeves, Liverpool.
- Sailed from London to Port Adelaide in 100 days.
- Sailed from Port Pirie to Queenstown in 172 days, from
where she proceeded to Cardiff where she arrived after another 14 days.
- 1908 September 10
- The cargo of coal caught fire at Acapulco.
- Sold to Union Oil of California and converted into an oli
Updated 1996-05-26 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.