A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by Russell & Co, Greenock. Dimensions 84,54×12,80×7,36 meters [277'5"×42'0"×24'2"] and tonnage 2301 GRT and 2160 NRT. Rigged with royal sails over double top- and topgallant sails.

1890 March
Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Greenock, for G.M. Steeves, Liverpool.
Sold to J. Edgar & Co., Liverpool.
1911 September 28
Sank due to a severe leak on voyage to Sydney from Montevideo. Under command of Captain Evans the crew which had to leave the ship was saved by the Norwegian barque Ingeborg.

Updated 1996-05-26 by Lars Bruzelius.

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives | Ships | Four-masted ships & barques | Search.

Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius..