A four-masted iron ship built in 1886 by W.B. Thompson, Glasgow.
Dimensions: 92,96×13,56×7,08 meters [205'0"×44'6"×23'3"] and tonnage 2557 GRT and 2497 NRT. [Picard: 2506 GRT, 2338 NRT]
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1886 July
- Launched at the shipyard of W.B. Thompson, Glasgow, for Ant. Dom. Bordes et fils, Bordeaux.
- Registered in Dunkerque.
- 1901 September 9
- Arriving at La Pallice with 4000 tons on
nitrate from Tocopilla, she collided with the pierhead while under tow into
the harbour and sank. [Picard: 1902]
When the ship eventually was refloated she was towed back to Glasgow to be
- 1917 September 1
- Sunk by the German submarine U-52 some 64
miles WSW of Oléron on voyage from Iquique to Bordeaux.
Updated 1997-01-30 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.