A four-masted full-rigged iron ship built in 1886 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, as new building No. 158.
Dimensions: 84,75×12,71×7,43 meters [278'1×41'9×24'5] and tonnage: 2269 GRT and 2175 NRT.
- 1886 November
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, for P. Denniston & Co., Glasgow.
- Converted to barque rig.
- 1911 March
- Sold to Skibs A/S Tasman (Grefstad & Herlofson), Arendal, Norway and renamed the Tasman. Assigned the Norwegian signal WJHF.
- 1914 February
- Sold to A/S Tasman (Joh. H. Hassel), Risør.
- 1914 February 22
- Foundered and sank in the North Sea en route London — Drammen in ballast.
Updated 1996-07-02 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.