A four-masted iron barque built in 1882 by A. Stephen & Sons, Glasgow.
Dimensions 81,14×11,73×6,87 meters [266'3"×38'6"×22'7"] and tonnage 1695 GRT, 1623 NRT and 1546 tons under deck. She was equipped with two decks and a bulkhead. The forecastle was 32 feet long and the poop 37 feet.
- 1882 November
- Launched at the shipyard of A. Stephen & Sons, Glasgow, for J. & A. Roxburgh, Glasgow. Assigned the official British Registration No. 86715 and the signal WPNQ.
- Lloyd's Register Book for 1883-84 lists Captain W. Duncan as master.
- Lloyd's Register Book for 1886-87 lists Captain J. Smith as master.
- 1886 October 14
- Left East Butte Basin, Cardiff, with a cargo of coal for Bombay.
- 1886 October 14 [?]
- Stranded at Cefn Sidan Sands, Carmarthen Bay in the Bristol Channel with the loss of the captain and sixteen hands.
Updated 1997-02-16 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.