A four-masted steel barque built in 1891 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 86,42×13,02×7,36 meters [283'7"×13,02"×7,36"] and tonnage: 2430 GRT and 2332 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1891 January
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, for A. Weir & Co., Glasgow. Captain J. Wilson.
- 1897 May 11 - August 7
- Sailed from Lizard to Calcutta in 88 days. Raced the fourmasted barque Drumrock which had sailed from Liverpool on May 17 and reached Calcutta on August 10 after 85 days out.
- 1914 July
- Sold to A/S Olivebank (E. Monsen & Co.), Tvedestrand, Norway. Captain J. Forby-Olsen.
- 1915 June 30
- Sunk by the German submarine U 24 at 51°05'N, 9°50'W, some 35 miles SW of Fastnet on voyage from Bahia Blanca to Queenstown with a cargo of wheat.
Updated 1997-09-06 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.