A four-masted iron barque built in 1888 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 86,27×12,31×7,46 meters [283'1"×40'5"×24'6"] and tonnage: 2144 GRT and 2067 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and single topgallant sails.
- 1892 December
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, for J.R. Dickson & Co., Glasgow. Captain D.B. Marshall. Used in the South American nitrate trade.
- Sold to J.M. Campbell & Co., Glasgow.
- 1911 April
- Sold to A/S Bas (N.T. Nielsen-Alonso), Sandefjord, and was renamed Alonso.
- 1925 April 25 - September 24
- Sailed from Falmouth to Sydney in 153 days.
- 1926 February
- Renamed Veirland. Laid up.
- 1927 May
- Broken up in Denmark.
Updated 1997-04-26 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.