A four-masted steel barque built in 1892 by D.W. Henderson & Co., Port Glasgow. Dimensions: 88,39×12,92×7.31 meters [290'0"×42'5"×24'0"] and tonnage: 2316 GRT and 2184 NRT.

Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.

1892 July
Launched at the shipyard of D.W. Henderson & Co., Port Glasgow, for J. & A. Roxburgh, Glasgow. Built for the Australian trade. The first master was Captain R. Buchanan.
Sold to Roberts, Owen & Co., Liverpool. Captain J. Fraser.
Wrecked in the entrance to Gray's Harbour, WA, on voyage from Caleta Coloso to Astoria (Portland), OR.

Updated 1997-02-14 by Lars Bruzelius.

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives | Ships | Four-masted ships & barques | Search.

Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.