A four-masted steel barque built in 1882 by Russell & Co., Greenock.
Dimensions: 88,28×13,10×7,21 meters [289'8"×43'0"×23'8"] and tonnage: 2234 GRT and 2139 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1882 September
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Greenock, for Ant. Dom. Bordes et fils, Dunkerque. Captain Le Queric.
- 1911 June 23
- In a collision with the same owner's fourmast barque Madeleine at Iquique and was severely damaged. Reduced to barque rig at the subsequent repairs.
- 1914 October 28
- Captured by the German cruiser Kronprinz Wilhelm at 27°S, 32°W and the sailing ship's cargo of coal was transferred to the German warship.
- 1914 November 22
- Sunk when the transfer of the cargo was completed.
Updated 1997-01-05 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.