A four-masted iron ship built in 1882 by C. Connell & Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions: 88,89×12,80×7,31 meters [291'8"×42'0"×24'0"] and tonnage: 2086 GRT and 2012 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and single topgallant sails. The main and mizzen mast originally carried skysails.
- 1882 December
- Launched at the shipyard of C. Connell & Co., Glasgow, for J.D. Clink & Co., Greenock. Captain G. Simpson. Used in the Indian jute trade.
- Sailed from Deal to Auckland in 76 days.
- Sailed from Auckland to New York in 71 days under command of Captain Corrance.
- Reduced to four-masted barque rig.
- Sold to S. Goldberg & Sons, Swansea.
- 1909 July
- Sold to A/S Vanduara (L. Lydersen), Tvedestrand, Norway. Captain N.J. Smith.
- 1911 November July
- Sold to A/S Vanduara (N.A. Lydersen), Tvedestrand
- 1917 May 2
- Sunk by the German submarine U 58 in position 50°24'N, 14°59'W on voyage from Savannah-la-Mar, Jamacia, to Le Havre with a cargo of dye-wood.
Updated 1997-04-17 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.