A four-masted iron ship built in 1883 by Harland & Wolff, Belfast, as hull no.
Her dimensions were 93,92×13,12×7,62 meters
[308'2"×42'8"×25'0"] and tonnage 2576 GRT and 2516 NRT.
Rigged with double top- and topgallant sails, royals and a main skysail.
- 1883 May 26
- Launched at the shipyard of Harland & Wolff,
- 1883 July 29
- Delivered to Samuel Lawther & Co., Belfast.
- Sold to J.M. Campbell & Son, Glasgow.
- 1904 July
- Completely burnt out at Tocopilla and was used as a
hulk at Mejillones.
- Used as a five-masted schooner barge.
- 1920 November 26
- Lost off La Push, Washington, (north of Cake Rock) under tow of the SS Santa Rita from Tacoma, WA, to Antofagasta, Chile, with a cargo of lumber and oil. Of the 18 on board only 2 survived.
Updated 1997-09-12 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.