A four-masted steel barque built in 1891 by Ramage & Ferguson, Leith.
Dimensions: 98,45×14,37×7,67 meters [323'0"×47'2"×25'2"] and tonnage: 3107 GRT and 2932 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1891 December
- Launched at the shipyard of Ramage & Ferguson, Leith, for Ehrensperger, Eckstein & Mead, Liverpool. Captain W.A. Flinn.
- Dis-masted on the maiden voyage from Leith to Cardiff due to a shortage of ballast.
- Sold to G.J.H. Siemers, Hamburg, and was renamed Edmund. Captain D. Gerdau.
- Interned at Iquique during the war.
- Assigned to France as war damage compensation. Transferred to S.A. Les Voilers Dunkerque, Dunkerque, and was renamed Faulconnier. Laid up.
- Sold to be broken up.
Updated 1997-03-14 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.