A four-masted steel barque built in 1895 by Ritson & Co., Maryport.
Dimensions 85,03×12,51×7,43 meters [279'0"×41'1"×24'5"] and
tonnage 2069 GRT and 1968 NRT.
Rigged with royals over double topgallant sails.
- 1895 August
- Launched at the shipyard of Ritson & Co., Maryport,
for Rickmers Reismühlen, Rhederei und Schiffbau AG, Bremerhaven.
- 1998 April 30 - September 15
- Sailed from Bassein to Bremerhaven in 138 days.
- Suffered sever damages during a voyage from Hiogo to
Chemainus and had to put into San Francisco for repairs which lasted seven
- Sold to Krabbenhöft & Bock, Hamburg, and was renamed
Paul. Captain W. Krüger. Used in the nitrate trade.
- The royal yards were removed after rigging damage.
- Broken up at Ardrossan.
Updated 1997-01-24 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.