A four-masted steel barque built in 1896 by Forges et chanties de la
Meditérranée, La Seyne.
Dimensions: 98,19×13,88×7,72 meters [322'2"×45'7"×25'4"] and tonnage: 2990 GRT and 2415 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and topgallant sails.
- 1896 April
- Launched at the shipyard of Forges et chanties de la
Meditérranée, La Seyne, for
Ant. Dom. Bordes et fils, Dunkerque. Captain Etchepare.
- Sailed from Dungeness to Iquique in 73 days.
- Sailed from Iquique to Isle of Wight in 74 days.
- 1924 May 11 - September 7
- Sailed from Dunkerque to Iquique in 119 days.
- 1925 September 27 - January 20
- Sailed from Iquique to Dunkerque in 115 days. Laid up when she returned to Dunkerque for the last time.
- 1926 June
- Broken up in Dunkerque.
Updated 1996-12-29 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.