An iron full-rigged ship built in 1875 by W. Hamilton & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 199'1"×30'1"×19'0" and tonnage: 738 GRT, 702 NRT and 685 tons under deck.
- 1875 August
- Launched at the shipyard of W. Hamilton & Co., Port Glasgow, for Doward, Dickson & Co., Liverpool. Assigned the official British Registration No. 70976 and signal PFCG.
- LR 1889-90: Barque rigged; Owner: J. Hay & Co., Liverpool; Master: Captain Shaplan.
- 1890 March
- The cargo of nitrate from Chile caught fire while discharging at Calais and the ship was completely burnt out.
- 1890 June
- Sold at auction to Otto Banck and Johan Ingemansson, Helsingborg, for £ 1100. The ship was repaired at the owner's shipyard and was renamed Ida. Captain Olof Pettersson, Guövik.
- Wrecked on the West coast of Guernsey on voyage from Raine Island with a cargo of guano for Granville.
- Squarerigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
Updated 1997-04-27 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Ships | Search.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.