An iron full-rigged ship built in 1862 by Jones, Quiggin & Co., Liverpool.
Dimensions 214'0"×35'0"×23'0" and 1132 GRT and 1130 NRT and 1132 tons under deck.
- 1862 February
- Launched at the shipyard of Jones, Quiggin & Co., Liverpool, for ...
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 44187 and signal TSCQ.
- Owner: T. Isamy & Co., Liverpool; Master: Captain W. Meyler. [LR 1872-73]
- Owner: R.W. Cameron & Co., Liverpool; Master: Captain Coulthurst. [LR 1879-80]
- 1881 January 28
- Sold to F. Laeisz, Hamburg, and was renamed Pluto.
Assigned the German signal RHDG.
The new measurements were 65,52×10,65×7,06 meters and 1159 GRT.
- In command of Captain J.H. Schwaner.
- In command of Captain H.J. Schacht.
- In command of Captain C.F. Blöse.
- In command of Captain C.L. Hansen.
- In command of Captain F. Kähler.
- 1891 March 7
- Sold to Wilhelm Maack, Rostock.
Assigned the German signal RGBC.
The new measurements were 65,20×10,70×7,00 meters and 1133 RT.
In command of Captain R. Niemann.
- 1892 July 16
- Sailed from Blyth with a cargo of coal for Iquique and disappeared on route.
- 1892 August 22
- Last spoken to by the barque Helen Scott in position 8°39'S, 25°34'W.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Rabbel, Jürgen: Rostocks eisener Segler.
Hinstorf Verlag, Rostock, 1990 (2. Aufl.). 8vo, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-05-10 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Ships | Search.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.